Monday, September 27, 2010

ADAM'S TAKE: A-Dressing History

ADAM'S TAKE
I have to say that I was a little skeptical when I read the promo, and wasn't sure if I'd see this show. I'm really glad I didn't follow my skeptical nature, as this turned into a lovely school show that was fun, well thought out, and informative.
They take the "official uniform" of today- jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, baseball cap, and weave an informative and fun story about how these things came to be. The two performers, WT McRae and Christina Gelsone, strike a great balance between education and fun, and have put together a really great school show that made me want to do school shows (and that's a GOOD show!)
OFFICIAL INFORMATION

A-DRESSING HISTORY
Fool’s Academy
New York, NY
http://www.foolsacademy.com/
[For kids 7 & older]
Discover history through a new lens: your clothes!  From penguin suits to jeans, tees, and kicks, we uncover the often-odd world of what covers you.  Fool’s Academy uses circus arts and comedy to make history tangible, literally, through your very own clothes.  50 min.
Saturday, September 18th @ 3pm
Sunday, September 19th, Sun @ 3pm

=== If you like this post-- consider reading clownlink.com, links to all things clown and wonderful. You can also subscribe to the RSS Feed here. ===

No comments: